We Provide Expert Roofing Repair for Storm Damage
Imagine Tiger Woods driving a thousand golf balls at your roof and you’ll have a good idea of how a severe hail storm can harm roof shingles and other roof elements (skylights, gutters, vent hoods, etc.).
Following a severe storm, your first roofing concern is whether or not the storm caused any leakage that might damage your home’s interior. Even if your roof does survive a hail storm without leaking, there may still be significant hail damage. That’s why it’s important to call in an experienced roofing expert like Seci Construction Inc to check your roof for hail damage.
We will thoroughly inspect your entire roof and look for any signs of roof hail damage. Our expert roofers have the experience to be able to suggest the appropriate roofing services, whether it’s roof repair or roofing replacement. After a storm, we’re the experts to call!
Our Prices Can’t Be Beat! All work Guaranteed!”
Hail & Storm Repair Services
- Free & thorough inspection of roof for storm damage and roof hail damage.
- Inspection covers roof shingles, gutters, skylights, flashing, vent hoods, vent stacks, chimney caps & chimneys.
- Free estimates for all recommended roof repairs.
- Prompt, expert repair and/or replacement of storm-damaged roof elements.
Hail Damages Different Roofing Materials In Different Ways
Experience in roof inspections following hail storms has educated roofing contractors and insurance inspectors about how hail damage affects different roofing materials. Not surprisingly, hail damages different roofing materials in different ways.
Roof hail damage can also vary greatly from one part of a house roof to another. This variation is due primarily to the wind that drives the hail. A glancing blow will do less damage than hail that impacts the roof at close to 90 degrees.
- Hail Damage to Asphalt Shingles: Shingles can have broken or cracked tabs, but the most common hail damage takes the form of crushed or dented areas where granules are forced into the shingle mat material or displaced entirely. Since granules protect the shingle from UV degradation, hail dents can result in shortened shingle life. This damage usually qualifies the homeowner for an insurance claim.
- Hail Damage to Wood Shingles: Wood shingles can crack from hail impacts. Cracking will be along the grain, and can cause parts of shingles to break loose.
- Hail Damage to Slate Roofs: Hail impact can crack slates, although cracks tend to be more random than with wood shingles. some slates may break loose from their fasteners and slide off the roof.
We Respond Quickly to Repair Hail Damage & Prevent Roof Leaks
The high winds that often accompany hail storms can cause blow-off damage that should be repaired right away. Hail-damaged roof shingles may not cause a problem for months or years, but it’s wise to call your insurance agent as soon as possible to see if the damage merits roof repair or roofing replacement. We provide free inspections and estimates for hail damage repair in Paterson, Clifton, Passaic and surrounding areas throughout Greater New Jersey. Give us a call or get an online quote today!
No matter what Mother Nature throws your way, Seci Construction Inc.’s roofing services can provide peace of mind and help protect your home against the elements.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.